My name is Kinlay Francis and I have lived in Orkney for many years, from my School days at Stromness Academy to my home now in Kirkwall with my wife Kirsty, our son Benjamin and our Yellow Labrador Holly.
I have the pleasure in being able to offer my services as a driver-guide in my comfortable 8seater tour vehicle. I own a luxury Volkswagen Transporter Shuttle Bus, which I have carefully chosen to carry my guests in comfort with the maximum viewing opportunity.
I have been guiding clients since 2012 and I am a qualified Scottish Tourist Guides Association, Orkney Regional Affiliate, and Green Badge Guide.
Our private luxury tours are tailor made to you requirements and interests you will be presented with your dedicated tour itinerary on the tour day. Our tours are always informative and entertaining giving you a real overview of life in Orkney.
My tours of Orkney cover the many aspects of the islands, including history (from the Stone Age to 19th/20th Century), archaeology, military/naval history, coasts and crafts, Vikings, flora and fauna, bespoke jewellery. The choice is entirely up to you and we tailor your tour to your requirements.
My special area of interest is Wartime Orkney in particular WWI, WWII and Scapa Flow. Come and see Coast Defence Batteries, Bunkers and Air Raid Shelters, Airfield’s and much more. Learn how the personnel lived and defended Orkney’s Fleets during the war years.
Other Services I am pleased to offer include:
· Tours of the Orkney Islands including Hoy, Flotta and Westray.
· Marine tours of Scapa Flow via Private Chartered Vessels.
· Aviation tours of Orkney Islands and Scapa Flow via Private Charter Plane.
· Step on guide for both large and small groups, including working with your translator if required.
· Full itinerary planning, including sourcing and booking of transport and services within Orkney.
· Full range of Cruise liner shore excursions.
· Retired and currently serving Armed Forces Personnel Tours.
Please contact me for prices and further information. I look forward to meeting you soon.